UNDERSTORY DESIGN BUILD
SERVICES WE OFFER…
- New construction and renovations
- Design for large and small projects
- Project Management
- Windows and Doors
- Three Season porches and sunrooms
- Energy Efficiency Retrofits
- Interior Design
- Computer Aided Drafting
- Construction Documents
- 3-D Modeling
- Finishes, furnishings and equipment selection
- Paint Color Selection
- Space Planning
The way we approach each project depends on the client and their needs.
- We typically begin with an initial site visit to meet the client(s), discuss the project and gather information about the client’s, needs, desires, budget and time schedule.
- Then, we prepare a bid or an estimate. A bid is a set price that we will complete the project for. An estimate is what we believe the project will cost; the actual cost may end up being slightly higher or lower than the original estimate. The estimate is used when we complete the project on a time & materials basis. We craft a set of agreements regarding the bid or estimate.
- Next is the design and planning stage. This part of the process very much depends on the project. Sometimes design, construction documents, and permits are needed. Sometimes we use designs that have already been created, or no design is needed, and we can jump right into creating a schedule and ordering materials. We use questionnaires to gather more information to ensure we really understand the intentions and goals the client has for the project. We discuss all the details to prevent any surprises down the road and create a schedule that works for everyone.
- Building begins and proceeds efficiently. Throughout this stage of the process, communication is key to ensure the client is pleased with how things are progressing.